I am delighted to share a very special Master Class: Highly Sensitive Parents/Children with you, hosted by Susan Stiffelman with Dr. Elaine Aron, eminent psychologist, researcher, and author of The Highly Sensitive Person and The Highly Sensitive Child, and Alane Freund, MFT.
For Who is the Master Class?
This class is for highly sensitive parents and those looking to support highly sensitive parents and their children.
- Can you answer yes to any of these questions?
- Do you feel overwhelmed by the noise, activities, and demands of parenting?
- Is your child easily flooded by too much stimulation, or high sensory input?
- Do you or your child become anxious in social situations?
- Do people say that you or your child are “too sensitive?”
- Do you or your child need extra time to recover from stimulating experiences?
- Do you or your child have a finely tuned nervous system?
What Will the Class Cover?
- What it means to be a Highly Sensitive Person
- Benefits and gifts of high sensitivity–there are many!
- Challenges that come with high sensitivity
- Reducing anxiety and mental rumination when worries have been activated
- Support for highly sensitive parents who struggle to adjust to a child’s need for stimulation and engagement
- How to honor the needs of highly sensitive people without having to tiptoe around them
- Support for highly sensitive children who get easily overwhelmed
- Why Mother Nature establishes heightened sensitivity in 15-20% of every animal population
A highly sensitive child or adult is one of the fifteen to twenty percent born with a nervous system that is highly aware and sensitive to stimulation.
This makes them quick to grasp subtle changes, prefer to reflect deeply before acting, and generally behave conscientiously. They are also easily overwhelmed by high levels of stimulation, sudden changes, and the emotional distress of others.
Because children are a blend of a number of temperament traits, some HSCs are somewhat challenging to parent: they can be active, emotionally intense, demanding, and persistent. Others are calm, turned inward, and easy to raise except when they are expected to join a group of children they do not know.
When is the Master Class?
The class will take place on Thursday, July 25th at noon PDT. You can attend live or watch the replay whenever it’s convenient! The audio download will also be available.
You can register here.
For your convenience, this post includes an affiliate link to a class useful for the HSK community. The class costs you nothing more to buy, but I get a small commission.