Highly sensitive mothers feel emotions intensely and deeply, take sleep deprivation even harder than other mothers, and really struggle with the constant noise around them. It makes parenting tough on the best of days. What do highly sensitive mothers really wants for Mother’s Day? Lots of time out to recharge. Bucket emptying time.
Time for Yourself
As a mother, when was the last time you had time for yourself? I am not talking about the snatched few minutes whilst you dive into the nearest bathroom with little fingers desperately reaching under the door, whilst screaming “moooommmmmmmy” at you.
ACTUAL TIME ALONE FOR YOURSELF. It’s the thing I craved more than anything when I had a young child, a toddler and a baby in the house. Now my kids are older the challenges are different but what remains the same is that I need time alone. I need bucket time. And it’s not a nice to have. It’s for my own sanity, and that of my family.
Gift Yourself Bucket Time
There’s a danger with motherhood that you start losing a grip on your own identity. Motherhood is all encompassing, and takes up emotional and physical energy which leaves you drained. Motherhood is a role that frequently fills your bucket up, if you let it.
So make sure you give yourself the gift of bucket time. Let your family know that the best gift they can give for Mother’s Day is the gift of bucket time !
Read on for bucket time inspiration.
Bucket Time Creativity and Decor Ideas
Here are ten wonderful out of the box ideas and examples of bucket time activities you could try. These are all available in one Creativy and Decor bundle of e-books, e-courses, workbooks and printables from Ultimate Bundles until Monday 6 May:
- Basic Hand Stitches (e-course)
- Brush Lettering (e-course)
- Embroidery for Beginners: The Basics (e-course)
- Hand Lettering: Greeting Words & Phrases for Cards & Notes (workbook)
- How to choose paint colours for your home (e-book)
- Quote Decor (printable)
- How to Pick the Perfect Colour Palette: For Adult Colouring, Art Projects, Graphic Design & More (e-course)
- Interior Design (e-course to help you redesign your space)
- Charity Knitting Pattern Collection (e-book)
- Simply Home Sewn Workbook (workbook)
Brush lettering is definitely something I have been interested in experimenting along my journaling journey, but failed to make the time for. I’m changing that!
Bucket Time Self Care Ideas
If you’d rather dedicate time for yourself to a bit of self-care then there’s a bundle tailored to you too.
- 7 Simple Days (eBook to kick start intentional simple living)
- Bust Out of the Makeup Rut (eCourse)
- Courage Amidst Uncertainty: How to Ride Life’s Waves and Do Amazing Things (an eCourse that invites you to engage awareness, compassion, and your own innate wisdom to face situations of fear and anxiety, helping you to access the courage that is already within you).
- Create Your Intentional Life Masterclass (eCourse and workbook)
- Intentional 21 Workbook (a self-guided journaling series, that includes 21 days of prompts, quotes and affirmations to help you live your best life). If you want to know more about the power of journaling read The Power of Journaling and Why Journaling is So Good for You.
- Lean Fit 1.0 Home Workout Guide (Workbook – a 4-week workout program you can do at home to build lean muscle, boost metabolism, and burn fat to slim down in less than 30 minutes a day!)
- Seven Day Hair Challenge: Easy to learn hairstyles for busy moms! (eCourse)
- Texting Action Pack: Exercises to Ease Upper Body Pain and Tension (eCourse)
- The Stay-at-Home Moms’ Year-Round Outfit Guide: 280+ Outfits for the Entire Year (eCourse)
- Self Care Spree: Learn Better Self Care with Just 15 Minutes a Day (eCourse)
Ultimate Bundle Details
The creativity and decor and self care products are only a small part of the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle. When you buy the Ultimate Homemaking Bundle you’ll get access to:
- 27 eBooks
- 30 eCourses & videos
- 25 printables
- 16 workbooks
- 3 summits
- 2 membership sites
The creators behind these resources are 100+ women who have struggled with the same things as you, but have learned (and will teach you) how to simplify their homes, declutter & organise, put healthy meals on the table, nurture strong family relationships, and practice good self-care.
To see the entire Homemaking bundle head over to Ultimate Bundle.
That’s a price that is definitely worth paying for a Mother’s Day dedicated to bucket time. And there’s more: stacks of partner bonuses!
For your convenience, this post includes affiliate links to Ultimate Bundles. It costs you nothing more to buy, but I get a small commission.